Click on agency name for contact information and/or website.
- 24-hour information and referral phone line connects people to a wide variety of resources for addressing health and human service needs, as well as access to community volunteer opportunities. Information can also be accessed on the website.
American Red Cross
- provides assistance to victims of disasters with food, clothing and shelter, and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Also offers instruction in CPR, First Aid, Sports Safety Training, Babysitting, Basic Aid Training, Water Safety and Preventing Disease Transmission.
Every Woman's House
- provides emergency shelter and counseling for victims of domestic violence.
Friendship Meals, Inc.
- provides weekly community meals for the hungry and those needing companionship. Thursdays, 5:30 p.m., Christ United Church of Christ on North Main St.
Salvation Army - Orrville Service Center - offers assistance for necessary services and items during emergency or transitional periods; makes phone reassurance calls to the elderly. Special projects include Back-to-School, Adopt-A-Family, Christmas food baskets, the Blessings Program, a voluntary mentoring program, and Beyond-the-Band Aid, a pharmaceutical assistance program to help people obtain needed medications.
Viola Startzman Free Clinic
- provides health care and limited dental services to low income, uninsured Wayne County residents.
The Arthritis Foundation
- The goals of the Chronic Disease Control program include increasing awareness of arthritis as a serious chronic disease and encouraging individuals to seek diagnosis and treatment; provides programs that help people manage the physical and emotional challenges of arthritis.
Wayne County Children's Advocacy Center - a child-oriented facility which serves as a centralized location for interviewing and examining children who are victims of sexual abuse. The WCCAC’s main focus is the health and wellness of the child. Members of the team help the child and family cope with the abuse and begin the recovery process.
Catholic Charities Services
- Provides support to families, children & individuals coping with social and personal problems through in-office and home-based services.
Community Legal Aid
- Provides legal assistance to senior citizens and low-income persons in civil legal matters including public benefits, domestic relations, spouse or partner abuse, income maintenance, and consumer law.
The Counseling Center
- provides counseling, emergency services, community education, case management and consultation regarding mental health concerns.
- Provides support and treatment for persons with alcohol and other drug-related problems Provides out patient counseling, intensive outpatient care, crisis intervention, halfway house services and referral for hospitalization. Counseling also provided for family members.
Wayne United Chaplain Ministries' Justice Center Program
- provides for the spiritual, social and physical needs of inmates and their families.
Education and Rehabilitation Services
ABLE/Families Learning Together
- Parents that are enrolled in either ABLE or ESOL classes and have young children, ages birth through four, can enroll their children in FLT. Parents and their children have opportunities to learn together in a safe, nurturing environment with highly qualified Early Education teachers.
ANAZAO - provides treatment, intervention and prevention services to residents of Wayne and Holmes Counties with mental health or chemical dependency problems. Treatment services include assessment, individual, group, marital and family counseling.
Community Services for the Deaf - Meets the needs of people who are deaf or hard of hearing and those who interact with them. Offers sign language instruction and community education.
Ida Sue School - Provides services for children in Wayne County ages birth through 5 years through the Early Intervention Program, Pre-School Program, and the Ida School.
Youth and Family Services
Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland
Orrville Area Boys & Girls Club
- offers programs of physical, social and educational value, such as indoor and outdoor sports, counseling, gameroom, crafts, teen programming and junior staff. Also provides the after-school KidStop program.
Orrville YMCA & Dalton Family Center
- provides individuals and families of all ages and income levels opportunities for physical, mental, social and spiritual growth through quality programs including an indoor pool, indoor and outdoor sports, fitness classes, group educational and social summer licensed day camps and senior citizen activities. Also offers a licensed day care and before and after school programming.